For the past ten months we have been getting ready to share our thoughts, insights, worries, successes and failures – along with our hopes and dreams – about this sabbatical. It is a time not only for our pastor, James Lumsden, and his wife Dianne, but also for the whole congregation to playfully experiment with the creative arts. One of our commitments is to help the whole congregation participate in the whole process, so let’s get grounded. All the key players now have the opportunity to write their reflections and post them here. There is even a place for representatives from the congregation to weigh-in, too.
NOTE: To read what church leaders are saying about the sabbatical, please click on one of the names above. This sabbatical blog is a way of keeping our renewal alive and going deeper.
- Sunday, April 12, 19 and 26 2015: Music celebration in worship re: Sabbath living
- Sunday, April 26, 2015 @ 10:30 am: Commissioning of James and Dianne for sabbatical
- Sunday, May 3, 2015: Guest worship leader Joyce Sohl of Scarritt-Bennett Center in Nashville
- Sunday, May 10, 2015: Guest worship leader John Salantino of St. Mark’s Catholic Church
- Sunday, May 17, 2015: Guest worship leader David Wiener of Knesset Israel in Pittsfield
- Sunday, May 24, 2015: Sabbatical Interim Minister, Bob Kyte, and his spouse Stefanie arrive
- Sunday, June 21, 2015: Carlton Maaia II gives intro for Diana Krall concert after worship
- Sunday, June 21, 2015 @ 2:30 pm: Diana Krall Concert at Tanglewood
- Sunday, July 12, 2015: Carlton Maaia II gives intro for Wynton Marsalis concert
- Tuesday, July 14, 2015 @ 8:00 pm: Wynton Marsalis Concert at Tanglewood
- Sunday, August 30, 2015: farewell party for Bob and Stefie Kyte
- Sunday, September 13, 2015: James and Dianne return from Montreal
- Sunday, November 21, 2015 @ 3 pm: Berkshire premiere of Paul Winter’s MISSA GAIA